Accra is one of the most populous cities in Africa. The city is home to 3.5 million people and is on the coast of Ghana. Accra has a diverse economy, with major players in garment assembly and oil exploration. Accra is a beautiful place to live, but sometimes many people want to move for various reasons such as better climate or for education purposes. It can be hard finding accommodation, especially if you're new in town and don't know where to start looking. That’s why we've created this list of five places to find rooms for rent in Accra, from cheapest to most expensive!
Accra is a wonderful city to live in, especially if you're new and looking for somewhere to live. There are many people in Accra that need accommodation, but it can be hard finding a place when you're new. That's why we've created this list of five places to find rooms for rent in Accra, from cheapest to most expensive!
1. The cheapest place to find accommodation in Accra is on the street.
2. Another cheap way to find accommodation is on Gumtree.
3. Couchsurfing is also a free and low-cost way to spend time in Accra, as long as you can put up with people coming into your room at any time for any reason and leaving dirty dishes laying around the house.
4. AirBnB can be an affordable option if you're not looking for anything fancy because most rooms are priced by how many guests they can sleep comfortably, not by how much space it takes up or what amenities it has, like a kitchen or Wi-Fi.
5. And finally, there's always the hostel option where dorms with shared bathrooms are often under $10 USD per night (for example, West Africa Backpackers Hostel).
The first place to find rooms for rent in Accra is the Atlantic Hotel, which offers rooms for as low as GHC430 per month. The Atlantic Hotel has a 24-hour reception and is located near the financial and commercial district of town. It's perfect for those who have a lot of business in town or are looking to stay close to work.
Another inexpensive option is the University Guest House, which offers rooms for about GHC350 per month. This guest house is situated on the university campus and is within walking distance of academic facilities and laboratories.
The most expensive place to find rooms for rent in Accra is the popular and trendy Labone suburb. Labone has a lot of houses and apartments for rent, but it's also more expensive than other areas. Renting a house or apartment in Labone can be as much as $1,200 a month.
Located north of the city, Teshie is another upscale area with many houses and apartments for rent. Rents here vary depending on the size of the property and range from around $800-1200 per month.
Tower Hill district is one of Accra’s oldest suburbs, having been built by British colonial authorities in the 1920s. Tower Hill has plenty of houses and apartments for rent with rents averaging at around $600-1000 per month depending on your budget.
Bolloré Eco Park is a new upmarket residential area being developed by Bolloré Africa Logistics Group, west of Accra’s center. New residential developments with high-end homes are being constructed here and rents range from about $400-1000 per month depending on your needs.
Accra is a great place to live if you’re on a budget, but there are still plenty of options if you have a bit more to spend.
And that’s a wrap. Now you know where to find rooms in Accra for every budget.